6 fun new parts for my M52B28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 fun new parts for my M52B28

I had the good fortune of scoring these euro 3.2L M3 ITBs for a retro-fit to my M52. Sadly this won't get the M52 into my car any faster, but they were at the right price. Not sure what power gains to expect...but 2 things are certain 1. look cool, 2. killer induction noise. My plan will be to have the M52B28, ITBs, US M3 cams and aftermarket injection.

Fitment will be an interesting project...a fellow Aussie has done it before though, so I least I know it can be done. My worry is the intake plenum vs brake booster. Suck it and see on that one.

looks like a fun project!! Good luck getting them to fit. You also better plan on some schrick cams hehehe

Comment

Thanks for the luck! I have to make an adapter plate, and modify the oil filter housing, and possibly some other stuff...all things that are much easier to do on the engine stand!

I've thought about schrick cams, but the bang for buck is a lot better with the US M3 cams.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew325is
        ...all things that are much easier to do on the engine stand!
        Any excuse not to put the engine in....bite the bullet son and do it now :)
        Or give it to me ...hahhaha

Comment

You got me there :D

Comment

Looks great and I'm sure you will be happy once it's said and done.
            Save your money for tuning, you'll need it for those.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

i'd suggest you loose the intake plenum and get one made from aluminum or something. I don't think you'd have to modify as much that way, and you could keep your booster in the same spot. The great thing is, the fuel injectors are located in the throttle bodies, so there are not worries about ultra-complex welding.

either way- good luck... and listen to joshh!

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
              On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
              BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Originally posted by Addissimo
                i'd suggest you loose the intake plenum
                AND GET THIS ONE!

Comment

oh my god damn... where is the jizz icon when you need it?

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                  On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                  BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

what kind of tuning will you be doing to get this thing running right?
                    BEERTECH

Comment

Interesting project, let us know how it goes, and if you could take a bunch of pics. I was thinking about doing this but it would be a lot of work, I really dont like the idea of changing out the brake booster....so I was thinking ITB with this airbox from John on S14.net

He is also working on an airbox for S50 converted E30's, havent gotten an answer to which S50 (Euro or US), and weather or not they still have to replace the booster or not...I guess we'll see.
                      -Alex Shiroma

88' ///M [awaiting S50]
                      86' 325e [RIP]

Comment

Would love to hear more on the carbon airbox for S50 converted E30s! That'd be awesome.

Tuning-wise I think the challenge will be dealing with the MAP sensor. It might even be easier just to run a Euro E36 M3 MAF sensor instead.

Comment

Those are nice.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I want one of those CF manifolds.
                            91 m3

Comment

Let me know what you plan on doing to adapt the ITB to the head. I have a set and would like to put them on but it seems the easy rout it to just get a euro head.

Originally posted by DaveCN
                              Welcome.

Your car is a piece of shit.

Most of them here are, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X